Sunday, July 14, 2013

Packing and Going on Vacation/Camping

So today I am leaving to go to a camp for my church. I had to pack last minute because we had to get me new shoes for the walking and stuff. Anyway, I will give you some tips for when you pack and what to do when you're on the way and finally, when you are actually there.

Packing:
     My brother always said, "The first rule to packing is that you can always pack lighter." But he's a guy, he can't understand us as girl's needs. (No offense to any guys.) But here's what I think.

Step 1: If you have more than one pairs of shows, make sure you have somewhere to put them before you just stuff them in, the suitcase or duffel bag will not close, I had to put 4 pairs of shoes into my packing list, luckily, I have to wear my tennis shoes like, EVERYWHERE!

Step 2: Make sure that your toiletries are all in one place, if you keep them separate, it will take up more room, and it's more likely that you will lose something. I just put everything inside a little plastic caddy.

Step 3: Put all of your clothes/outfits in one bag. I put one outfit for one day in a bag, and another outfit in another. This way, you can save space and you can just take a bag and go to the bathroom or whatever and get dressed.

On the road or in the air:

Step 1: Make sure you are hydrated, the last thing you want is to be sick because you were dehydrated. I know this from experience.

Step 2: Make sure you SHOWER before the trip. You don't want to feel all gross and smell bad when you are trapped in a vehicle with other people. And I'm positive that the other passengers will appreciate it.

Step 3: Make sure you have someone on the bus, in the car, or on the plane that you can trust or go to. Such as, a parent, a best friend, a sibling, a youth minister, etc. You need to know that if you have a problem, whether it be you don't feel very good or you feel homesick, you need to be able to have someone.

Finally, at the location:

Step 1: If it is ridiculously humid, make sure to bring oil blotting sheets. If it is extremely dry, bring a moisturizer.

Step 2: Always have shoes on, you never want to step on rocks or sharp objects, and I know this is hard, whenever I have on my flip flops, I always take them off and run, just try not to do that.

Step 3: HAVE FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment